Tuesday, 6 December 2011

The first blog

Right.
So I'm a stay at home mom. I recently started doing a bit of work but I kind of hate it.
So. Something I'm passionate about to supplement life a little bit.
Something to share with one of my sisters, whom I never see as they live in Europe, and I am living in the Middle East without much travel budget!


Here's the thing. My sister is a chef.
She's an amazing self made woman and I'm so very proud of her.
I'm no chef, but I know my way around (this ridiculously small) kitchen.
So. I make mostly simple but delicious comfort food and my sister mostly makes proper difficult chef stuff.
The idea is that we share recipes with each other on a weekly basis and either just love, and also personalise and 'improve' each others recipes.
I'll make hers more accessible for simpler, small kitchen, family cooks and she'll add that little 'je ne sais quoi' to mine.

We'll blog about it. Probably fight about it a little bit too.
And upload some great recipes and photos to this blog. 


So here it is, another blog. About food.
With the wish / ambition / hope to make this into something bigger....
We might not be the first, but we'll be entertaining. and we'll be good. and you'll be checking back.

I'll be back soon with the first two experiences:
1. How my sister improved my pumpkin bruschetta's
2. I'm testing and adapting my sister's lemon cheese cake (not because hers stinks, but because I can't get half of her ingredients over here)

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment